Drainage District – Asset Management System Development
Client: Multnomah County Drainage District
Location: Multnomah County, Oregon
Our team is currently working with Multnomah County Drainage District (the District) to develop a comprehensive GIS-based asset management system to support their day-to-day management of the Columbia River floodplain and receiving stormwater from the Columbia Slough watershed. We began the project with a focused needs assessment in order to fully understand the District’s requirements. The assessment resulted in a logical and well-planned two-year roadmap for the District.
Over the next year, our team will be focused on the following:
- Developing geodatabases to store the District’s proprietary and supporting datasets
- Defining survey requirements and workflow procedures for integrating contractor and survey data
- Creating metadata and map templates
- Developing scale-dependent base maps and a custom Web map application utilizing ArcGIS Online
- Developing a spatially enabled client database to assist in the management of the District’s landowners and stakeholders
- Developing a comprehensive data management plan specifying policies and procedures for managing the GIS
- Providing implementation support to District staff with focused training and program orientation on all aspects of the GIS program
Year two of the project will focus primarily on additional Web mapping and field data collection development, along with further enhancement of the District’s data catalog.